We believe marriage is valuable and a strong marriage is possible! On this page you will find a list of recommended resources as well as a way to contact us so we can pray for you or help you as you seek to build a stronger marriage.
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- The 4 Seasons of Marriage by Gary Chapman
- The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted by Gary Chapman
- Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman
- 101 Conversation Starters for Couples by Gary Chapman & Ramon Presson
- When Sorry Isn’t Enough by Gary Chapman and Jennifer Thomas
- One More Try by Gary Chapman
- Married and Still Loving It by Gary Chapman and Harold Myra
- Intimacy Ignited by Dr. Joseph and Linda Dillow, Dr. Peter and Lorraine Pintus
- Intimate Issues by Linda Dillow and Lorraine Pintus
- The Art of Marriage (Family Life Workbook); DVD available
- Red Hot Monogamy by Bill and Pam Farrel
- For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
- For Men Only by Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn
- The Meaning of Sex by Dennis P. Hollinger
- The Meaning of Marriage by Tim Keller
- Sheet Music by Kevin Leman
- The Husband Project by Kathi Lipp
- Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl
- The Gift of Sex: A Guide of Sexual Fulfillment by Clifford Penner and Joyce J. Penner
- The Way to Love Your Wife by Clifford L. Penner & Joyce J. Penner
- This Momentary Marriage by John Piper
- A Celebration of Sex by Douglas E. Rosenau and Deborah C. Neel
- Total Intimacy by Douglas Rosenau and Deborah Neel
- 25 Questions You’re Afraid to Ask about Love, Sex, and Intimacy by Dr. Juli Slattery
- Rethinking Sexuality by Dr. Juli Slattery
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
- Fierce Women by Kimberly Wagner
- Men Who Love Fierce Women by Leroy & Kimberly Wagner
- Sex, Men, and God by Douglas Weiss
- Intended for Pleasure by Dr. Ed Wheat
- Mere Sexuality by Todd Wilson
- How We Love by Milan & Kay Yerkovich
- The Purity Principle by Randy Alcorn (4 week study with Leader Guide)
- Awaken Love by Ruth Buezis
- A Couple’s Guide to a Growing Marriage by Gary Chapman
- Gift-Wrapped by God by Linda Dillow & Lorraine Pintus
- Passion Pursuit by Dr. Juli Slattery and Linda Dillow
- How We Love by Milan & Kay Yerkovich
- Authentic Intimacy with Dr. Juli Slattery
- Focus on the Family
- Family Life Today
A blog from Barbara Rainey - If Their Marriage Couldn't Survive What About Mine?
- Jonathan Daugherty (Founder of Be Broken Ministries) discusses his former sex addiction and his path to recovery, offering encouragement and hope to men struggling with similar issues – Finding an Escape From Sexual Addiction.
- Parents’ Guide: How & When to Tell Your Kids about Sex by Stan & Brenna Jones
- God’s Design for Sex (4 book collection) by Stan & Brenna Jones & Carolyn Nystrom
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures Jr. by Kristen A. Jenson, MA
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures by Kristen A. Jenson, MA
- Lies Girls Believe by Dannah Gresh
- A Mom’s Guide to Lies Girls Believe by Dannah Gresh
- Lies Young Women Believe by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth & Dannah Gresh (Study Guide Available)
- The Young Man’s Guide to Awesomeness by Barrett Johnson
- Choose Greatness 11 wise decisions that brave young men make by Gary Chapman & Clarence Shuler
- Birds & Bees by Mary Flo Ridley & Megan Michelson
4 Tips for talking about the Birds & Bees (https://birds-bees.com/)
BIRDS & BEES ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW | AN ONLINE COURSE FOR PARENTS OF KIDS AGES 1-10
Download the Free Guide – 4 Tips to Start Talking About the Birds & Bees | Learn what to say and when to say it
SESSION ONE: Family Message
Before parents start talking to their kids about sex, they need to figure out exactly what they want to say. We help you find your voice, your values. Each family is different and will have a different answer to the question, “What do I want my kids to know about sex?”
SESSION TWO: Vocabulary
We’ll walk through the reasons why it’s important to use medical and respectful vocabulary with our kids and easy ways to start. That’s right, “penis” and “vagina” as well as other words … You can do it!
SESSION THREE: Birth
“How is that baby getting out of there?” is typically one of the first tricky questions kids will ask their parents. Your answer can help set the tone for all future conversations. We will walk you through sample scripts to help you answer this question like a pro!
SESSION FOUR: A Pause for Porn
This session is not as peppy as it sounds, but it is SO IMPORTANT. Learn how to protect your kids from the dangers of technology. Don’t be scared, be prepared!
SESSION FIVE: Reproduction
We walk through the reproduction of all living things and help our kids see that seeds and eggs create new life. Lots of sample conversations and practical tips.
SESSION SIX: Conception
“Where do babies come from?” This is the most daunting question parents face and we will hit it head on. We know that you know the answer, but you will learn exactly what to say and what not to say.
SESSION SEVEN: Continuing the Conversation
How do we keep the conversation going once we’ve covered the basics? Learn simple ways to be an engaged parent who speaks up and speaks into their child.
SESSION EIGHT: Faith
Do you want to share a biblical understanding of sex with your children? Then this session is for you. Mary Flo teaches practical ways to teach beautiful truths to our children.
SESSION NINE: FAQs
FAQ with Megan & Mary Flo: We answer our most frequently asked questions, “When do siblings stop bathing together?” “My child keeps touching himself.” “How do I talk about adoption or IVF?”
SESSION TEN: Resources
We share our favorite books, websites, and other tools to help empower and equip parents.