Embracing Abilities Ministry
This ministry is specifically designed to integrate people with disabilities and their families into the church through authentic relationships and to raise up disciples of Christ. Serving opportunities are on Sunday mornings and volunteers can serve one to four times monthly. Training opportunities will be provided.
What are we here to do?
- Advocate for people with disabilities by raising awareness within the church community and providing ways you can serve
- Disciple people with disabilities through authentic friendships
- Pray for our church, this ministry, and for people with disabilities and their families in our midst and around the world
What does volunteering look like?
- Volunteers commit to pursuing genuine friendships with those with disabilities, to love them and to give them an understanding of their God-given value and potential
- After completing a background check and meeting with the leadership team, volunteers will be prayerfully assigned to an individual with a disability
- Volunteers will come alongside their assigned individual during Sunday morning activities
What is this ministry’s disability focus?
Any physical or developmental/intellectual condition that limits the ability to function in the church (see examples below)
- Physical – hearing, vision, spinal cord injury, muscular dystrophy, stroke, MS
- Cognitive/Developmental – autism, down syndrome, TBI, Cerebral Palsy
We would love to have you serve with us! If you are interested in joining our team, please fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
Contact us at EmbracingAbilities@waysidechapel.org