Take a few moments to read the passage below, hear from John Gordon, our Executive Pastor, and worship our great God. We'd love to hear your takeaways - tag us on social media (@waysidechapelsa) #waysidedevotions
Walking through Pain & Suffering | Selected Scriptures
3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
1 PETER 1:6-7
6 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
DEVOTIONAL | JOHN GORDON
- What pain and suffering are you currently experiencing?
- How is your pain and suffering developing a resilience within you?
- What relationships are being developed or strengthened through your pain and suffering?
- How have your priorities changed through your pain and suffering?
- How has God been glorified in the ways you have faced your pain and suffering?